Our ChurchThe History of Flint Baptist Church
The First Southern Baptist Church in Flint, Texas, was organized in 1907 with Mr. and Mrs. Jim Barner, Mrs. S. C. Dement, and Mrs. Martha Templin as charter members. Rev. Daniels was the County Missionary at that time and he helped with the organization and preached for them until we were able to get a pastor. Our first building was constructed in 1908. Rev. Williams led in the building of a new church building in 1928.
A New Sanctuary was completed in December of 1953. The Christian Life Center was built in February of 1983. Rev. Sam DeVille was called as Pastor in April 1996. Under his leadership, the church finished construction of a New Sanctuary in 2007 with additions to the building in 2010. Flint Baptist Church has experienced steady growth and is currently averaging over 1,400 in worship in two morning worship services. In 2018 our 42,000 sq. ft. Worship Center was completed which includes the Church Office and Nursery Suite. Come and see why we are the fastest growing church in East Texas!